yellow background

Sunday, August 28, 2011

A plane to Spain


In line to board the plane

On August 16th, after many miles and many tearful goodbyes, our family boarded a plane in Norfolk, Virginia that was headed to Rota, Spain.  The flight did not leave until 9:30pm, so it was dark as we soared into the air.  Tears streamed down my face as I watched the lights of America get further and further away.  I knew that life was changing, and I was terrified.  Ray looked back at me and smiled.  I reached out my hand and he gave it a squeeze.  

The plane ride was fairly uneventful, thankfully.  The kids were amazing.  Kay and Melody slept almost the whole time.  The older three kids dozed on and off, but mostly enjoyed the airplane food and played games on their handheld electronics.  

Getting closer!
  
About five hours into the flight, we watched the sun rise over the ocean.  The beauty was indescribable.  Ray snapped pictures as I watched the awesome display of God’s creation.  Our bodies were weary, but somehow watching the sun rise from 35000 feet brought hope and life.  It would only be a few hours until our big adventure would begin.

Sunrise from 35,000 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment