yellow background

Friday, June 3, 2011

9 hours

Rota is nine hours ahead of Vegas.  The kids and I have had fun talking about what is going on in Rota while we are doing various things throughout the day.  As we are eating lunch, the people in Rota are going to bed!  And as we are sleeping, they are going about their day!

It's strange to think that in a few months, we will be the ones who are nine hours ahead.  Most of our family is in central and eastern time zones, so we will be 6 or 7 hours ahead.  That will make communication tricky.

Almost every morning, my daddy sends me a good morning e-mail.  I look forward to it every day, and will probably have to get used to getting it around lunchtime!  My sister and I usually e-mail many times throughout the day, and we probably won't be able to do that very often once we move.  My mom and I chat on the phone often in the evenings, and that won't work because I'll be asleep when she comes home from work!

We'll get used to it eventually I'm sure.  It's just one of the many adjustments our family is going to have to make.  I'm just so thankful for technology.  Just a few years ago, we wouldn't have been able to video chat or e-mail all the time or keep in touch via facebook or blogs.  Thankful for those blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment